IEEE has outlined recommendations to public policy-makers on development of Artificial Intelligence and on Ethical Aspects of Autonomous and Intelligence Systems. The statements were adopted at the IEEE Board of Directors meeting in June 2019.
IEEE’s position urges governments to adopt policies that:
- Increase AI technical expertise within governments and foster greater
government access to academic and private-sector technical expertise.
subsidies and government.
- Support the R&D needed to advance innovation and development in
artificial intelligence and its application to benefit humanity.
- To ensure public welfare, provide an effective legal and regulatory
framework for AI development, application, use, and monitoring.
- Support and fund AI education and training to meet future workforce
- Facilitate public understanding and discourse about AI.