On 15 Sept. 2016, IEEE’s Internet Initiative will be hosting a one-day workshop in Delhi, India involving government officials and leaders from development banks, industry, the technical community, NGOs/CSOs and others featuring interactive discussion and working sessions with a focus on finding sustainable solutions and models for digital inclusion as envisioned in the ambitious Digital India program, proposed by the Prime Minister Modi. The workshop will feature keynote addresses, panels and a World Cafe session with report-outs organized around the following broad themes:
- Connectivity: Infrastructure, equipment, tools and software
- Capacity: Trained professionals and well-informed end users
- Community: Peoples’ needs and potential for innovation
- Content: Local language and relevance to local needs and use
- Finance: Investment in infrastructure, capacity building, education, local content development, etc.
- Conducive Policy and Regulation: Enabling framework for affordable and ubiquitous Internet access, an enabler for economic and social inclusion
- Technology: Affordable, user-friendly and accessible
For more information, go to the event website.